Friday 31 October 2014

Halloween Etsy Top Ten

Greetings all ^-^ and happy halloween!

This week I have been scouring Etsy for the most interesting & awesome halloween-theemed items.  You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find halloween stuff that isn't gender-labelled.  I kind of understand things like underwear, but things like masks... are they really specifically for women?  I don't know if maybe I'm just speaking from a position of privilege, and so this might not be the norm, but pretty much all the men I know have faces.

This gender-label-EVERYTHING-thing is mainly annoying me because the vast majority is pressed upon women.  Don't get me wrong, I love dressing up!  Note my love of cosplay.  I also have no qualms about wearing very little in public.  However, when it is completely unacceptable to wear nothing but a corset & knickers in public every other day of the year, but damned near mandatory on halloween, that's when I get a bit shirty.  Not to mention the "this is a GIRLS costume!  It is pink!  It is for a PRINCESS!" ... kiiiind of sending a negative message to everyone involved here.

Anyway, rant over.

As usual I am featuring only UK sellers, and all items are wonderfully non-specific in their gender labelling.

Enjoy my lovelies ^-^

1.  The Bogeyman Heels sold by NixxiRose




Adore these shoes.  They are spectacular.  To be honest, they would go with most of my wardrobe, not just my halloween garb ^-^  I have been looking at the rest of ms NixxiRose's shop and all of her items look amazing.  I particularly like these as well.


















2.  Happy Halloween Owl sold by LittleOwlBoutique2




D'aaaaawww! So very cute!  Made from felt and pure adorableness, how can you say no to Mr. Hoots the happy halloween owl??















3.  Latex prosthetic sold by prettygrimmFX




This is so great.  It is a latex prosthetic that you can glue to your skin & paint to look all gory. Make-up works just as well over latex & you can create the most disturbing and deformed face for yourself.  I particularly like this one because of the "exposed teeth".




















4.  Dr Who Mask sold by ZipItLiverpool




Simple and elegant, this mask could be part of a Who-themed costume, or used just as a cool wall decoration.  Not overly-halloweeny, but to be honest, this is a good thing!  I enjoy novel things that can be re-purposed.  So much more interesting and useful than stuff you acquire for one night a year.



















5.   Toffee Apple Headpiece sold by ggspinupcouture




I have absolutely no idea why I love this so very much.  I get why I like it: it's a toffee apple headpiece!  What's not to like?  But this just screams awesomeness to me.  Pretty interesting and probably unique, this is a brilliant idea & really well make ^-^


















6.  Horror Bag sold by dashAclothing



Moving away from the weird and wonderful here, and just sticking with the wonderful.  I love the fabric, and the whole thing is really well made.  The chunky zip really finishes the item off.  It's a simple design made awesome with the right materials.  Brilliant.




















7.  Lace Scarf sold by Scarvestorock




Another item that works all year round, and yet again would go with most of my wardrobe.  I am ever so slightly terrified of spiders, so I might shy away from this particular beauty, but I love the material - so light!  And although I may fear spiders, their webs are so pretty & make for really purdy fabric.


















8.  Orange Halloween Mask sold by TheatricalThread


This is just beautiful.  I love the colour and the butterfly embellishment.  Also, the eye holes are such a cool shape; I love the way they flick up on the outside edge (I always do my eyeliner like this, so it works well for me)!  Simple, but gorgeous.












9.  Kreepy Keepsake Love Potion sold by GoreWhoreEmporium




I love this idea.  The GoreWhoreEmporium has loads of different little potions in their shop, each unique and with their own twist.  Even the little coffin box design is changed to match it's respective potion.
Awesome as a decoration or a prop, maybe even for wedding favours.  Either way, this is a great little find ^-^

















10.  Halloween Party Guest Book sold by youruniquescrapbook



This is just amazing.  This scrapbook/guest book is embellished with ribbon, lace, and charms.  It even has pockets!!  The pages have faded, misty silhouettes of various spooky things like grave yards, dead trees, bats, and spiders.
There is even a card with haunted mansion gates on it!  I know I'm too excited about this, and if I had the monies to spare, I'd be leaping on this right now!!  So if you do have the monies, go, buy, save me from myself!!









Ritzy Pick
Gigantic Cthuhlu Plush/ Costume sold by KfiatekGiftedHands


This may be the coolest thing I have ever seen.  I want, nay, NEED one of these in my life. Sadly I don't have the £240 to spare for such an awesome cuddly toy/ costume.  It can even come in different colours if you want to be eaten by the mighty Cthuhlu, but always imagined him blue and feel the experience would be lessened if it didn't completely live up to your Cthuhlu-based fantasies.

Or maybe you just like the colour blue.  Or pink.  Or orange.  No, that would be stupid.  Orange Cthuhlu.  Pffft!

Aaaanyway... this is just awesome.  Go buy it and then give it to me.  Thanks ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment